This guide is intended for users of Feenics Keep ACS (Access Control System). Both existing Proxy users and new Proxy users can use the Proxy - Feenics Connector. The connector will enable seamless mobile access experience from Proxy on top of your Feenics Keep system.
The Proxy - Feenics Connector assumes Feenics Keep to be the source of truth. This means that you use Feenics Keep to manage access and want to add Proxy’s mobile access functionality without changing how you use Feenics Keep.
Please note that to finish this setup you will need support from Proxy's Integration Team. Within this guide, we will indicate the information needed to be passed on to Proxy's Integration Team in order to finish the connector setup.
The following features are introduced by the Feenics Connector:
- Real-time (less than 10 sec) sync from Feenics Keep to Proxy
- Email Address (required)
- Card Assignment
- New person created, updates and deletion of existing person will all be synchronized to Proxy in real time.
- The attributes synchronized for each person includes:
- Periodic discrepancy check
- If network failures and other unexpected events cause data from Feenics Keep and Proxy to be out of sync, the discrepancy check will fix it.
- You can specify how frequent discrepancy checks should run depending on your own network and usage situation. The default is once per week. The frequency should not be higher than once per day, considering the API traffic it generates.
Setup Feenics Keep
- you are already a Feenics Keep user;
- you have admin access to the Feenics instance.
Setup a new user for the connector
First of all, we will need to create a new user account in your Feenics Keep system. This account will later be used by the connector to login.
Step 1: Login
Step 2: Create a new group with minimum permissions
Step 3: Create a new user with permissions
IMPORTANT: Note down the below items:
- “Instance Name” from Step 1;
- “Username” from Step 3;
- “Password” from Step 3.
The above 3 pieces of information will later be passed to the Proxy Integration team for further setup. The Proxy Integration team will use the above information to login and change the password immediately for security purposes. Future password changes MUST be communicated to Proxy's Integration Team. If a password change is not communicated, data synchronization will stop working.
Add Proxy supported card format
Next we are going to add the card format Proxy reader will be using.
Step 1: Create the proxy card format
Step 2: Add card format to each controller
You are the global admin of an existing Proxy organization. If you are a new Proxy user, please sign up here first.
Generate App Key and App Secret Key
Please follow the guide here to generate App Key and App Secret Key.
Please note down the App Key and App Secret Key, this will be passed on to Proxy's Integration Team for further setup.
Setup target site and group
Step 1: Setup target site
Feel free to create a new site if you don’t have one yet.
Step 2: Setup target group [Optional]
This step is optional but recommended. With this setup, the Proxy Connector will synchronize people from Feenics directly into this group, saving effort for manually assigning groups in the Proxy dashboard.
Reach out to the Proxy Integration team
At this point, you have enough information for Proxy's Integration Team to finish setting up and deploy the connector. This is a one-time setup process.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, prepare the following information obtained through out this guide:
- “Server Address”, “Instance Name”, “Username”, “Password”.
- “App Key”, “App Secret Key”.
- “Site ID”, default “Group ID”.
Removing the integration
To stop synchronizing data between Feenics and Proxy, please reach out to the Proxy Integration team at email@example.com. A teardown process will be executed from the Proxy side.
Frequently asked questions
What data will be synchronized to Proxy?
- Proxy requires a person to have an email address, while Feenics Keep doesn’t. Thus, any person on Feenics' side without an email will not be synchronized to Proxy.
- For Persons with an email address, the following data will be synchronized
- Email Address
- Card Assignment (only last one)
I have persons using the same email address in Feenics, what will happen to them?
- Feenics Keep supports using the same email address for multiple people, while Proxy doesn’t. If you have people with the same email address in Feenics, only 1 of the users (chosen at random) will be linked to Proxy and synchronized.
- The email address will become lowercase in Proxy even though it has uppercase characters in Feenics.
I have persons with multiple card assignments, how will they be synchronized?
- Feenics Keep supports assigning multiple cards to a single person, while Proxy doesn't. In the case where multiple cards are assigned to a person on Feenics side, Proxy will pick the latest active one to sync.
I have persons with multiple email addresses, how will they be synchronized?
- One of the email addresses will be chosen at random and used to create a corresponding person on Proxy side.