Thank you for choosing Proxy Access to enable a secure mobile-first access experience at your location.
We've created this online Resource Guide to help navigate you through the setup and management of Proxy Access at your organization.
Step One: Device Installation
The first step to get Proxy Access up and running is to work with your selected installer to install your Proxy devices. If needed, we have online resources available for installers in our Help Center.
Step Two: Download the Proxy ID App & the Proxy Device Manager (PDM) App
Proxy ID App PDM App
As a Proxy Dashboard administrator, you get access to the Proxy Device Manager (PDM) app in addition to the Proxy ID app.
The Proxy ID app is the app that you and all your users will use for access. The PDM app contains your admin functions and will be your go-to place for setting up and managing your Proxy devices (including updating reader software, adjusting reader detection range, changing reader name).
Step Three: Login to your Proxy Access Dashboard
Login to your Proxy Access Dashboard, which has already been set up for you. The Proxy team has provisioned your devices to your organization and added you as a Global Admin in your dashboard.
Step Four: Add users to Proxy Access
It's time to add your users to Proxy Access!
Step Five: Set up Access Permissions
Define the access permissions for your devices and users.
Step Six: Checklist for Success
Check the People page on Proxy Access in the dashboard (the dashboard with the white background) to ensure all users have been added correctly:
- Access: The lock icon will indicate how many permissions they have been assigned. Hover over the icon and you can verify the name(s) of the permission(s).
- Groups: The group icon will indicate if/how many groups they have been added to. Hover over the icon and you can verify the name(s) of the group(s).
- Status: active or pending (pending means they haven’t yet accepted the invitation).
Check the Permissions page on Proxy Access in the dashboard (the dashboard with the white background) to ensure all permissions have been set up correctly:
- Permissions: Review the permissions to see that all have a people group, readers, and a schedule set.
Step Seven: Introduce your users to Proxy Access
Your team can now use Proxy Access! We've created the following resources for you to share with your users to help guide them through the set up process on the Proxy ID app and familiarize them with using Proxy:
- Proxy Access Onboarding for New Users Info Sheet (scroll to bottom of the page to find the attachment)
- Proxy Access Onboarding Email Template (scroll to bottom of the page to find the attachment)
We recommend sending either or both of these to your users as soon as you add them to the dashboard so they can get familiar with using Proxy Access as soon as they receive their email invitation and download the Proxy ID app.
Step Eight: Using, Managing, and Reporting with Proxy Access
Learn more about how to effectively manage and use your Proxy Access Dashboard and Proxy devices.
In addition to the above materials, we have lots of resources available for you and your users in the Proxy Help Center.
If you require further assistance, we’re here to help with anything you need. Please reach out to us at email@example.com.