As an admin, you are able to request to view a user's proof of vaccination so that you can visually verify it yourself. The request has to be approved by the user via their Proxy app, within which they are storing the image of their proof of vaccination. Once they accept to share the image with you, you will see it in your Proxy Health Dashboard for a duration of 7 days, or until you make a decision that the document has passed or failed your verification; whichever is shortest.
1. Enter your Proxy Health site.
2. Go to the People menu on the left.
3. Find the user on the list whose proof of vaccination you wish to request and tick the box next to their name. You can also select more than one users or if you wish to select everyone on the list, check the very first box on the top.
4. Click the "Request visual verification" button at the top of the list.
5. Once you've requested visual verification, the user will receive an email with your request specifying their next steps. Also, they will see a pop-up in their Proxy app. Should they choose not to accept your request just that moment by clicking "Not now", they can later find the request within their Health Pass and accept it there.
6. You can track the status of your request in the "Visual verification" column. The below are examples of what you might see:
- "Requested [date]" - your request is active and has not yet been responded to by the user. The date portion of the status indicates the day on which you sent off your request.
- "Request rejected" - the user rejected your request to visually verify their proof of vaccination.
- "Verify by..." - the user has shared their proof of vaccination with you. You now have 7 days to review the document after which it will vanish. The status also indicates the date until which the proof of vaccination is available to view.
Verifying a proof of vaccination
1. To verify the proof of vaccination that a user has agreed to share with you, click on the "Verify by..." field in the "Visual verification" column.
2. You will now see an image of the proof of vaccination shared by the user. On the top right of the image, you will find 3 options that allow you to interact with it:
- zoom in on the image.
- rotate the image.
- download the image for your company records.
In terms of verification, you have 3 actions to choose from:
- "Verification passed" - if you have successfully verified the validity of the user's proof of vaccination.
- "Verification failed" - if you are unable to verify the validity of the user's proof of vaccination.
- "Done reviewing" - if you are unable to verify the validity of the user's proof of vaccination just yet and wish to continue later.
Example: Shared CDC vaccination record card
Example: Shared vaccination QR code
As proof of vaccination, the Proxy app currently accepts NY Excelsior Pass, California Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record, EU Digital Covid Certificate, plus any other organization's QR codes that follow the standards of SMART Health Card and HCert.
If the Proxy app has accepted the user's QR code and displays it for the admin to verify like in the image below, that means that user's QR code follows the above standards.
As an admin, if you wish to see the image of the actual vaccination certificate, you may contact the user and ask them to upload it into their Proxy app.
3. Once you are back in the people list, you will see that the user's visual verification status has updated accordingly.
Check-in Kiosk Setup
If you wish to configure your Proxy Check-in Kiosk so that only the visitors with visually verified proofs of vaccination are allowed to check-in, follow the below steps:
1. Click anywhere on the kiosk screen to reveal the "Settings" icon in the bottom left corner.
2. Click on the "Settings" icon and sign in with your admin password.
3. In the "Requirements" section, enable "Only members with a vaccination approved by the admin can check in".
4. Click "Close" in the top left corner to go back to your kiosk main screen.
From now on, if a user whose proof of vaccination has not been visually verified attempts to check-in, they will be shown the below screen and won't be allowed to complete their check-in attempt.