The following provisioning features are supported:
- Push New Users: new users created through Okta will also be created in the Proxy Dashboard.
- Push User Deactivation: deactivating the user or disabling the user’s access to the application through Okta will deactivate the user in the Proxy Dashboard.
- Please note: the user account should be active while deactivating. If the user account status is still showing as pending, deactivating will not work.
- Reactivate Users: user accounts can be reactivated in the application.
- Push New Groups: new group created through Okta will also be created in the Proxy Dashboard.
- Sync Groups Information: if a user joins/leaves a group, the user will join/leave in the mirrored group in the Proxy Dashboard.
Registering the Proxy App
1) Log into ProxyDocs
Use the same account created above to login into https://docs.proxy.com/
2) Create a new application
The organization associated with this account will be shown in the Create new app modal.
3) Get the secret key
After the app is created, the secret key will be shown. Please store it appropriately.
4) Get the app key
Configuring the app in Okta
1) Add the app to Okta's organization
- Login in https://developer.okta.com/
- Click the Admin button and go to the administrator page.
- Please note: the button Add Apps should work as well, but as our app is not launched yet, it might not be found.
2) Configure the app
- In the Applications tab of the Admin portal, you should see the Proxy app.
- Make sure the Proxy app is showing as Active.
- Click the app name and go to the Provisioning tab.
- Fill the username with the app key from the Proxy app we created above.
- Fill the password with the secret key from the Proxy app we created above.
3) Assign the app to users
- Go to the Assignments tab and assign it to certain users or groups.
Once the app is assigned, it will automatically provision the account to Proxy.
Please note: the provisioned user will be an end user in Proxy and will not have admin rights. Therefore, the user will not be able to log into the Proxy Dashboard.
4) Hide the chiclet for the user
- When the app is assigned, users will be able to see the chiclet on their login home page.
- The administrator can control if users will or will not be able to see it.
- Please note: if we assign the app without a sign-on mode, users will get an error if they click on the chiclet.
5) Confirm the account is created in the Proxy Dashboard
- Login to the Proxy Dashboard at https://dashboard.proxy.com
- Go to the All People menu and find the relevant user email address.
- Please note: the user email address will become lower case in the Proxy Dashboard even though it may have upper case characters in Okta.
Useful Integration Information
- Initial activation of Okta provisioning in Proxy.com requires contacting the Proxy Integrations Support Team at email@example.com. Please reach out with any questions during your configuration process.
- When users are deactivated in Okta, they will be deactivated in the Proxy Dashboard. At that point, users will not be able to login to the application, but their data will remain available as an 'inactive user' within the Proxy Dashboard. To permanently delete users' data, you need to login to https://dashboard.proxy.com and do it manually. Please click here for our official documentation on how to permanently delete users from the Proxy Dashboard.