Use this article to provision new readers to your existing Proxy Dashboard. If you need help getting started (creating a new org, creating sites, etc.), please see our Quick Start Guide.
Please note: in order to provision readers, you need to be a global admin on the Proxy Dashboard.
Install the Proxy App on Your Mobile Device
- On your mobile device, open the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store and search for “Proxy ID”.
- Download and install the Proxy ID app for your phone.
- Sign up using the same email that you plan to use for access to your office (the email used to sign up in the app MUST match the email used to sign up in the dashboard).
- Follow the onboarding instructions in the app.
Add Reader(s) Via the Proxy Mobile App
In order for a mobile reader to appear in the Proxy ID app, the reader must be powered on (for a Mobile Reader Pro or Edge, the ‘P’ will be illuminated on the front of the reader) and your phone must be within Bluetooth range of the device.
- Launch the Proxy ID app on your mobile device.
- Tap the “New Device” card.
- Select the device that you would like to provision.
- Tap “Register Device”.
- Enter the reader name and select the Organization (Reader Owner) you’d like to provision the reader to.
- Tap “Register”.
Assign Readers to Site
- Once you hit "Register" in the mobile app, your reader(s) will appear in the "All Devices" page. Assign the selected reader(s) to the correct site. If you are setting up a new site, be sure to create a new site first from the "All Sites" page.
- Permissions provision access to users. They combine people groups (global groups and/or site groups), readers, and a schedule.
- Navigate to Proxy Access, select your site of choice, and create a permission with your selected groups and readers.
- If a permission already exists, add the new reader(s) that you assigned to that site to the existing permission. You can do this by clicking on the Permission, Navigating to the readers tab, and clicking "add readers."
Please note: A user will not receive an invite in the Proxy ID mobile app until they are invited and added to a group that has a permission with a reader attached.
Once permissions are set up, basic access is set up for your end users with your newly provisioned reader.