Suspending a user will temporarily revoke their access. This is recommended for cases when a user might have a period of time when they don't need to access the office - e.g. medical leave - but will plan to return. This is also an alternative to deleting users, if you want these users to persist in your user list after their termination date.
The following article will show you how to suspend a user immediately and schedule future suspension in the dashboard.
Workflow (Global admins):
1. Log into your Proxy Dashboard.
2. Click on "All People” in the menu bar on the left.
3. Scroll down to find the user you'd like to suspend.
4. You can also use the search bar to enter the user's email address.
5. Click on the user to enter their profile.
6. Click on the "edit" button on the top right to reveal more action. Click "suspend user" button.
- Click "Yes, suspend from all site". This will immediately revoke access to the user.
- If the suspension is temporary, you can click back into the user's profile and restore their access by clicking on the "Resume access to all sites" button.
- Click "add a schedule" in the grey text in the modal window.
- Insert the desired start and (optional) end dates for the suspension using the date and time pickers. Click "Yes, suspend from all site". This will revoke access for the user at the selected time and date. If an end date is provided, the user's access will resume then.