1. Settings Requirements and Recommendations
- You must have Bluetooth enabled.
- If you want to have access without opening the app or unlocking your phone, enable Express Mode which involves setting your Location Services to "Always". Your location is never tracked - we use a geofence around your Proxy readers to "wake up" the app in the background when you're near. More on Express Mode in the article here.
- You must have Bluetooth enabled.
- If you want to have access without opening the app or unlocking your phone, you must have Location Services set to "Allowed all the time". Your location is never tracked, we use a geofence around your office to "wake up" the app in the background.
- For best performance we recommend you disable NFC.
2. Keep your Proxy app running on your phone
- The reader you are trying to access needs to be able to communicate with the Proxy app to enable your access. Therefore, the Proxy app needs to be running in order to download and exchange your access tokens when gaining entry.
- We recommend that you keep your Proxy app running on your phone at all times, keeping it running in the background when you don't use it.
- If you choose to terminate your Proxy app between uses, be sure to re-launch it before you reach your first access point. Upon being re-launched, the Proxy app will require a few moments to download and refresh your tokens, which it would have done if it had been running in the background. The speed of this process will depend on the strength of the Internet network (wi-fi or cellular) available to your phone at your location.
3. Enable Express Mode
Express Mode is a feature that enables you to access a Proxy reader without having to unlock your phone. If enabled, you can just hold your locked phone to a Proxy reader and it will unlock, provided you have relevant permissions and your organization allows this unlock mode. You can enable Express Mode in your profile settings in the app.
NOTE: the Proxy ID app must be running in the background. If you at any point swipe the app off of the phone screen, you will disable it and your phone won't be able to communicate with Proxy readers.
4. Maneuvering your phone
Point the top of your phone, screen up, toward:
The middle of the turnstile reader/scanner pane.
The middle of the elevator call reader/scanner pane.
The P logo on the wall reader.
4. Wait 5 Seconds
Once next to the reader/scanner pane, give it 5 seconds to be granted access.
On a turnstile or elevator call, this is often accompanied by a "beep".
On our wall readers, you will hear a beep and see the green LED light appear atop the reader.
5. Press 'Unlock' button
If you aren't granted access: Open the Proxy ID app, click on 'Nearby' in top right corner, and click the 'Unlock' button for the access point you are attempting to enter.
Additionally, on iPhones you can click on your access pass. Within it, in the 'Readers nearby' section you can find another 'Unlock' button.
6. Troubleshooting steps
If that doesn’t work, or you don’t see the unlock button, try the following troubleshooting steps:
On iOS, go to the Settings app and toggle Bluetooth off and then back on, reopen the Proxy ID app and try again.
On Android, swipe down on the home screen and toggle airplane mode on then back off. Then reopen the Proxy ID app and try again.
7.1. Get Help / Send Feedback (iOS)
If the above doesn’t work, reach out to our Support Team. On iPhones you can do it in the following 3 ways:
#1. Use the Send Feedback feature in the Settings Menu of your Proxy app or the Report button on the access point screen. Then describe your issue (which reader, turnstile or elevator call didn’t work for you and if you see any lights on a reader). We investigate every single issue report.
#2. Use the Get Help button within your access pass. Click on your access pass and find the Get Help button in top right corner. Once clicked, answer the questions about the issue you're having, provide any additional information you think might be useful in understanding the problem and click Submit.
#3. Use the Get Help tab located at the bottom of your passes feed. Scroll all the way down and click the Get Help tab. Once clicked, answer the questions about the issue you're having, provide any additional information you think might be useful in understanding the problem and click Submit.
7.2. Send Feedback (Android)
On Android you can reach out to our Support Team by using the Send Feedback feature in the Settings Menu of your Proxy app or the Report button on the access point screen. Then describe your issue (which reader, turnstile or elevator call didn’t work for you and if you see any lights on a reader).