This Proxy Quick Start Guide will walk you through the steps you need to get up and running with the Proxy mobile access solution.
In order to begin, you must have purchased and installed a Proxy mobile reader device. Our team will have already set up your Proxy Access Dashboard, provisioned your devices, and added you as a Global Admin.
Once your devices are installed it’s time to add your users and define your access permissions.
Add Users to the Proxy Access Dashboard
1. Set up groups.
You can add and manage users in the Proxy Dashboard through two types of group structures.
- Global groups are most useful if you want to manage the same people on all of your sites. For example, if you are an enterprise customer with a San Francisco location and a New York location, and all employees have access to every location, set up a global group called "Employees."
- Site groups, found on the Proxy Access service, are groups that will only be visible on the selected site in Proxy Access. These are most suited for environments where there is no overlap in personnel between locations. For example, the group "NY Contractors" should be site group.
More detail on creating and editing groups can be found here.
2. Invite people (and add to a group)
Users must be a part of a group to be provisioned access. You can invite people via email individually or via CSV from the "All People" page on the global Proxy Dashboard or "People" page in Proxy Access. You can add credentials to a person by clicking on their profile in Proxy Access.
More detail on adding and deleting users is available here.
Add Admins (Optional)
1. Add global admins by selecting "Admins" in the Company Settings drop down menu at the bottom left of the page. You will be able to select from users that have already been entered in Proxy.
2. Add site admins — those who will only manage people, readers and permissions on an individual site. On the individual Site page, select "Admins" in the Site Settings drop down menu at the bottom left of the page. You will be able to select from users that have already been added to that particular site.
More detail on adding and deleting admins is available here.
1. Permissions provide access to users. They combine people groups (global groups and/or site groups), readers, and a schedule.
2. Navigate to Proxy Access, select your site of choice, and create a permission with your selected groups and readers.
3. If a permission already exists, add the new reader(s) that you assigned to that site to the existing permission. You can do this by clicking on the Permission, Navigating to the readers tab, and clicking "add readers."
Please note: A user will not receive an invite in their Proxy ID app until they are invited and added to a group that has a permission with a reader attached. Once permissions are set up, basic access is set up for end users with the newly provisioned reader.