The Proxy Quick Start Guide will walk you through the steps you need to get up and running with the Proxy mobile access solution. In order to begin, you must have purchased and installed a Proxy mobile reader device. You can familiarize yourself with the Proxy Dashboard in our product training course, found on Articulate.
Create a New Org in the Proxy Dashboard
Use the following link to create a new org profile: https://dashboard.proxy.com/customer-sign-up/
Note: if the organization is already created, please use the log in link instead if you have been added as an admin: https://dashboard.proxy.com/login/
Create a New Site
Navigate to "All Sites" page and create a new site that represents the location to which your readers will be physically attached.
Install the Proxy Device Manager App on Your Mobile Device
1. Download and install the Proxy Device Manager app on your phone. To find it, click here for iOS or here for Android. Alternatively, you can always open Apple's App Store or Google's Play Store and search for “Proxy Device Manager” to find the app.
2. Sign up using the same email that you plan to use for access to your office (the email used to sign up in the app MUST match the email used to sign up in the Proxy Dashboard).
3. Follow the onboarding instructions in the app.
Add Proxy reader(s) via the Proxy Device Manager
In order for a Proxy reader to appear in the Proxy Device Manager app, the reader must be powered on (for a the Pro or Edge readers, the ‘P’ logo will be illuminated on the front of the reader) and your phone must be within Bluetooth range of the device.
1. Launch the Proxy Device Manger app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the “New Device” card.
3. Select the device that you would like to provision.
4. Tap “Register Device”.
5. Enter the reader name and select the Organization (Reader Owner) you’d like to provision the reader to.
6. Tap “Register”.
Assign Readers to Site
Once you hit "Register" in the Proxy Device Manager app, your reader(s) will appear in the "All Devices" page. Assign the selected reader(s) to the correct site. If you are setting up a new site, be sure to create a new site first from the "All Sites" page.
Add Users to the Proxy Dashboard
1. Set up groups.
You can add and manage users in the Proxy Dashboard through two types of group structures.
- Global groups are most useful if you want to manage the same people on all of your sites. For example, if you are an enterprise customer with a San Francisco location and a New York location, and all employees have access to every location, set up a global group called "Employees."
- Site groups, found on the Proxy Access service, are groups that will only be visible on the selected site in Proxy Access. These are most suited for environments where there is no overlap in personnel between locations. For example, the group "NY Contractors" should be site group.
2. Invite people (and add to a group)
Users must be a part of a group to be provisioned access. You can invite people via email individually or via CSV from the "All People" page on the global Proxy Dashboard or "People" page in Proxy Access. You can add credentials to a person by clicking on their profile in Proxy Access.
Add Admins (Optional)
1. Add global admins by clicking on the org name on the top right on the landing page and navigating to 'Admin Permissions.'
2. Add site admins — those who will only manage people, readers and permissions on an individual site. Navigate to site settings from Proxy Access on the bottom left corner. Click into the site admin tab.
1. Permissions provision access to users. They combine people groups (global groups and/or site groups), readers, and a schedule.
2. Navigate to Proxy Access, select your site of choice, and create a permission with your selected groups and readers.
3. If a permission already exists, add the new reader(s) that you assigned to that site to the existing permission. You can do this by clicking on the Permission, Navigating to the readers tab, and clicking "add readers."
Please note: A user will not receive an invite in their Proxy ID app until they are invited and added to a group that has a permission with a reader attached. Once permissions are set up, basic access is set up for end users with the newly provisioned reader.