To update a Proxy Reader, you must do so using the Proxy Device Manager app.
In order to be eligible to apply Wi-Fi credentials via the Proxy Device Manager, you must be an admin of the Organization as well as an admin of each Access Point (door) that you wish to update.
To set Wi-Fi credentials for a Proxy reader, you need to be close enough to it for the reader and your phone to interact with each other. Once you set up Wi-Fi credentials on your Proxy reader and allowing it to access your Wi-Fi network, you will:
- be able to update the reader software and firmware via Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth. Updating via via Wi-Fi is the faster method of updating.
- enable reader health reports.
1. Open the Proxy Device Manager app and log in with your admin account.
2. Find the reader for which you wish to set Wi-Fi credentials. You can do this by selecting the card of the Org that the reader belongs to first.
3. Click on the reader in the "Door Nearby" section.
4. Select "Reader Settings".
5. Click on "Edit Wi-fi Settings".
6. In the next screen enter your Wi-Fi network name in the SSID field and its password right below.
7. Confirm by clicking the "Save" button.
8. Finally, you can check if the Wi-Fi credentials have been saved by going back to the "Reader Settings" menu. This time you will see your Wi-Fi network listed in the "Wi-Fi Network Settings" section.