- The customer’s installer will need to know about the existing door infrastructure they have in the office, such as hardware and the nearest power outlet.
- Identify an installation space for the Edge reader and Edge Relay that ensures they are no farther than 10 ft (3m) apart.
- The client needs to make sure they coordinate with the locksmith/installer on all building licensing requirements.
What do I need to install the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge?
- Mobile Reader Edge device
- Electrified Door Hardware
- Installation Hardware and Tools
- Tools (Philips screw, Torx screw, wire cutters/strippers, electric drill)
- Electrical cabling beanies (18-22 gauge)
- Electrical tape
- Wall plate (electric/wall/gang box cover not included with Proxy readers)
- Wall plug power supply (12v-24v required for Proxy Mobile Reader Edge)
- Suggested: troubleshooting tools (multimeter, wire tracer)
- Suggested: security cable (in the event existing cable needs to be replaced or extended)
How to Install a Mobile Reader Edge:
You can download an Edge installation guide by clicking the link below: