Can the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge integrate with my existing access control system?
Yes, but we recommend using the Proxy Mobile Reader Pro for ease of install and operation to integrate with your existing access control system and use the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge for doors not currently managed via an access control system.
Does the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge need a separate control unit?
Not typically. This reader is a self-contained unit that does not require an external controller because it leverages a built-in cloud-based access control application. In order to operate, it only requires electrified hardware at the door and a power supply. If you plan to connect other hardware to the door (e.g. cameras, doorbell, remote unlock) we recommend a separate control unit. Please ask your local installer or contact your Proxy Representative.
Can the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge work with other building products?
Not as a standalone device. It would need to be connected to a control unit of some kind.
What hardware is needed for a Proxy Mobile Reader Edge install?
The main hardware that is required for the Reader Edge install:
- Proxy Mobile Reader Edge Unit
- Electrified hardware for the door (a locksmith can help with this installation if your existing building setup doesn't have one)
- A power supply.
- An android mobile device or iOS device
- A laptop
- Screwdriver set with security bits
Can the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge be installed by a locksmith?
Yes, the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge can be installed by a locksmith. Proxy support can help provide assistance to the locksmith if they have any questions.
Why is the Indicator on my Proxy Reader Edge flashing Red?
If the Indicator is constantly Red, it indicates a system fault. There are a couple of possible sources of error in the Proxy Mobile Reader Edge:
- The most common issue is a connection issue between the Reader and the Relay. Verify the connection, making sure that the wires are connected correctly and there are no shorts or intermittent connections.
- The other case where this can happen is if a Reader is connected to a Relay that has been previously used with a different Reader. For security reasons, swapping Readers from one Relay to another is not possible.
The Proxy Reader Edge is still playing the “Busy” signal long after I applied an update.
There are a couple of known issues with the update busy indicator. In nearly all cases, it will eventually (after 5 minutes) stop playing the update signal. If it doesn’t stop, you can reset it using the Proxy Pass app.
During a software update, my Reader Edge is making a strange clicking or whirring noise. The lights might be blinking a little too.
This is a known issue in early device revisions. It is harmless, a cosmetic only-issue.