The Proxy Reader Edge uses a number of different combinations of lights and sound to signal different user experience events:
Startup: Proxy Reader Edge has just been powered up or reset.
- Indicator illuminates Red.
- Buzzer emits a long beep.
- Indicator turns off.
- Logo illumination fades up.
Idle: Proxy Reader Edge is powered and ready to receive credentials.
- Logo is illuminated.
Read Success: A user credential has been read.
- Indicator flashes Green and there is a medium-length buzz.
Access Granted: The user credential has been accepted.
- Indicator stays Green for the duration of Access. This duration is configurable in the Proxy Dashboard.
Access Denied: Access has been denied.
- Indicator flashes red twice and there are two short buzzes.
Identify: Used primarily during installation to differentiate between readers.
- Indicator slowly flashes purple and the buzzer intermittently beeps for 10 seconds.
Busy: Proxy Reader Edge is busy—downloading updates, or making an initial connection to a WiFi network.
- Logo illuminates purple and the illumination rotates.
System Error: A critical error has occurred, and the Proxy Reader Edge is not functioning correctly. The most likely cause of this error in the Proxy Reader Edge is a connection issue between the Reader and the Relay components.
- Indicator flashes red continuously.