- The customer's installer will need to know about the existing door infrastructure they have in the office.
- The client needs to make sure they coordinate with the locksmith/installer on all building licensing requirements and any and all code requirements.
- Confirm the customer controller communicates via Wiegand/OSDP.
- Confirm power output available for each reader. For access to the full features of the Proxy Mobile Reader Pros, we recommend a minimum of 350 mA.
What do I need to install the Mobile Reader Pro?
- Mobile Reader Pro device
- Electrified Door Hardware
- Installation Hardware and Tools
- Tools (Philips screw, Torx screw, wire cutters/strippers, electric drill)
- Electrical cabling beanies (18-22 gauge)
- Electrical tape
- Wall plate (electric/wall/gang box cover not included with Proxy readers)
- Suggested: troubleshooting tools (multimeter, wire tracer)
- Suggested: security cable (in the event existing cable needs to be replaced or extended)
How Mobile Reader Pro Works with Controllers
Proxy Mobile Readers work with any controller that has uses Wiegand/OSDP. Credentials are simply copied from the existing access control system and added to Proxy Mobile Access Manager. Enterprise customers with tens of thousands of credentials may prefer to leverage the Proxy Mobile Access Connector to sync credentials and access policies between Proxy and the existing access control system automatically. Proxy Mobile Access Connector sits on the customer’s network of choice (often the same network as the access control system). It will sync the users within your local Access Control System to the Proxy cloud to allow for user management in either system and enabling your Access Control System to remain the system of record for access.
For most businesses, the access control system will act in parallel to the Proxy Mobile Access Manager. A default org credential can be established for all users or the customer can create individual credentials for each user.
How to Install a Mobile Reader Pro
You can download the installation guide below: