Prior to gaining permission to unlock doors, you must download the Proxy ID app on your phone. This process is initiated when you receive an email invitation from your administrator with the subject line “[Name] has granted you access to their doors with the “Proxy ID mobile app”:
- Install the “Proxy ID” app from the App Store (iOS) or Play (Android) (typically accessible via the link in the invite email).
- Open and Run the “Proxy ID” app.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Enter your email address - make sure to enter the email that is referenced in your email invitation from your administrator.
- Click “Send Code”.
- Check your email for the verification code. If you don’t see the email in your primary inbox, check your spam or other inboxes.
- Enter the verification code into the Proxy ID app.
- Click “Accept” when asked for permission to:
- Use Bluetooth.
- Use Notification.
- Use Data in the Background.
- Select “Always” for the Location: Please note Proxy is absolutely not tracking users – location services are used to wake up the app when you arrive at a Proxy-enabled building or workspace – that way you don’t have to open the app every time you want to use it, and it’s automatically activated when you’re in the building which saves battery life.
- You’re in! You should see your company’s Proxy Access Card now.
Now you can enter the office with just your phone. Most customers configure Proxy to work like a key card (i.e., you place your phone in front of the Proxy Mobile Reader next to the door), but your company administrator can also enable “Hands Free Mode” in which the Proxy Mobile Reader senses you are approaching with the phone in your pocket and automatically unlocks the door or Biometric mode, which requires the user to unlock their phone and manually click a button within the Proxy app to gain access.