1. Download and install the Proxy Check-in app on your iPad. You can find the app in Apple's App Store here.
2. Click the Set Up button and review the onboarding information. Once done, click the Start button.
3. To connect to your existing Proxy account, select Connect an Account and grant the Proxy Check-in app access to your iPad camera.
4. Scan the Kiosk QR code generated by your Proxy Health Pass Dashboard. For additional information on setting up a Proxy Check-in kiosk, please review our article Setting up kiosks on the Dashboard.
Once you've scanned the Kiosk QR code you will see a confirmation screen that the organization and kiosk have been connected. Click Continue.
5. Select your required criteria for check-in. For instance: a Government ID, various elements of Health Pass (such as vaccine certification, a negative Covid-19 test result or a completed health screen), or Organization ID of an employee. Once you have selected the required check-in criteria, click Continue.
6. If you have selected Health Pass as one of the requirements for check-in, you will be asked to select Health Pass elements required for access. The available selection is of 2 types: Single requirement (where 1 of 3 available elements is selected) or Dual requirement (where 2 of 3 available elements are selected). Once done, click Continue.
7. If you select Negative status as one of your requirements, you can also edit the number of days that has elapsed since a user's Covid-19 test sample has been taken. Once done, click Continue.
8. Next, you can select if everyone checking-in needs to have your Organization ID in their Proxy app. This makes sense if you wish that only employees are able to check-in.
However, if you want any visitors or contractors to be able to check-in too, you can unselect this requirement. If unselected, visitors will be able to use the check-in kiosk regardless of their employee status. They will still need to meet other Health Pass or Government ID criteria you may set for the check-in kiosk.
9. Review and confirm your check-in requirements.
10. Next, enable Bluetooth on the iPad.
11. Finally, setup an admin password for the Check-in app and click Confirm. You will use the password later on to access the Settings menu. Once done, the main kiosk check-in screen will show up and the kiosk will activate. You're ready to go!
12. Settings menu: As the admin, you can use this menu to change the check-in requirements and customize the kiosk branding, messaging and color scheme. To access the menu, tap the kiosk screen and click the Settings button in the top right corner. This will prompt you to enter your previously set up password.
Please visit the Kiosk settings menu article for exploration of the features available.