Express Mode is a feature that enables you to access a Proxy reader without having to unlock your phone. If enabled, you can just hold your locked phone to a Proxy reader and it will unlock, provided you have relevant permissions and your organization allows this unlock mode.
- Please note that the Proxy ID app must be running in the background. If you at any point swipe the app off of the phone screen, you will disable it and your phone won't be able to communicate with Proxy readers.
- Please also note that to deepen security, your organization may have chosen to require that an unlocked phone is tapped in to a Proxy reader in order for access to be granted. In this situation, even if you have Express Mode enabled, you will need to unlock your phone to comply with your organization's secure access requirements.
Steps to enable Express Mode
1. Navigate to your Proxy ID app settings by clicking the first icon from the left at the bottom of the screen.
2. Click "Express Mode" in the settings list.
3. In the next screen, click the "Go to settings" button, which will take you to your phone's OS settings. In there, you will need to allow location access for the Proxy ID app.
4. Select the "Location" tab.
5. Allow location access by selecting the "Always" tab.
6. Navigate back to the Proxy ID app.
7. Once back in the Proxy ID app, you will see green ticks next to the required location settings.
8. Select the "Enable" button and you're good to go!