The Proxy Device Manager
As a Proxy Dashboard administrator, you get access to the Proxy Device Manager (PDM) app, in addition to the Proxy ID app.
The Proxy Device Manager contains all your admin functions. This app will be your go-to place for setting up and managing your Proxy devices (including updating reader software, adjusting reader detection range, changing reader name).
Proxy Device Manager app vs. Proxy ID app
Proxy ID app:
- available to all users and admins
- the only app to be used for access purposes (with both admins and regular users)
Proxy Device Manager app
- available only to org admins
- used only for admin functions, such us updating reader software, changing reader names, adding new readers, etc.
- not to be used for access purposes
The Proxy Device Manager is specifically designed for the admin functions only. As such, it is not to be used for access purposes and does not to replace the Proxy ID app for org admins. While the PDM app does contain the Manual Unlock feature, Auto Unlock is disabled for this app.
To benefit from the latest updates related to access, authentication and tokens, always use the Proxy ID app if you wish to gain access to a reader.
Please download the Proxy Device Manager in the links below: