To change the unlock mode or the detection range on a Proxy reader, you need to be close enough to it for the reader and your phone to interact with each other.
1. Open the Proxy Device Manager app and log in with your admin account.
2. Find the reader whose unlock mode or detection range is to be changed. You can do this by selecting the card of the Org that the reader belongs to first.
3. Click on the reader in the "Door Nearby" section.
4. Select "Reader Settings".
5. Scroll down to the "Unlock Mode/Range" section.
6. Tap the the mode you wish the reader to use (Tap In / Hands Free / Biometric) or adjust the range by moving the dial button below to a desired position.
7. Once you've selected the mode or range, a pop-up window will show up asking you to confirm your selection.
List of unlock modes:
Tap In. The reader grants access when the phone is 1-3 inches away. Tap your phone close to the reader like a key card or fob. There is no need to interact with the Proxy ID app to unlock the door - the app does not need to be open and the phone does not need to be active. However, your phone needs to be powered on and have Bluetooth enabled.
Hands Free. The reader grants access when the phone is 1 ft away. The distance can be further increased/adjusted by using the dial button.There is no need to interact with the Proxy ID app to unlock the door - the app does not need to be open and the phone does not need to be active. However, your phone needs to be powered on and Bluetooth enabled.
Biometric. In order to gain access to the reader, a user has to unlock their phone using their biometrics and go to the Proxy ID app and click the "Unlock" button. This mode disables automatic reader unlock functions that are present in the Tap In and Hands Free modes.